Thursday 24 May 2012

Talk to the hand


There are things you know you can rely on,
That you believe will rarely go wrong,
Swiss watches, Japanese train times, John Lewis,
The rising of the sun.
You can even trust a few work colleagues,
Who’ll rarely let you down,
Working to complete the task,
They generally stick around.

There are other things that go belly up
Guaranteed to send you over the top
Photocopiers jamming with urgent deadlines
Print runs that just won’t stop.
Staff that fail to come to work
Citing mysterious illnesses as an excuse.
Check if there’s a major sports event
Self-signed sick notes get some abuse.

But the thing that sends me postal
Makes me leak steam and want to swear
Is when I’m treated as if I’m invisible
As if I’m just not there
Despite knowing my job intimately
Management believe they still know it all
You can’t give good advice despite all your attempts
You might as well talk to the wall.

No comments: