Tuesday 29 May 2012

The sorry fax

We’ve been together over 15 years now
A long time.
Shared memories, holidays, events, disasters
Companion of mine
Life’s ups, downs, reversals, triumphs,
Remember the travel?
When things went stunningly well
And then unravel.

With a face so unlined, so young and smooth
Future and past.
Others paraded their flashy newcomers
They didn’t last.
Things planned, cancellations, falling out
Not to be.
You stuck by me, wherever I went
Dependent and reliably.

I could see my future planned out with you
Day and week.
We would be together forever
Future to seek
My constant partner no thought of parting
Erase what’s wrong
I held you tightly by my side
Together we belong.

I never thought my head would be turned
Fallen like Eve.
Another one came to take your place
Hard to believe
A young contender so small and powerful
Californian apple shown
I gave up my beloved leather Filofax
For a 32Gb 4S iPhone.

No comments: