Thursday 28 June 2012

A young man with a crazy dream

Oft, when on my office chair I lie,
In vacant or in pensive mood,
It flashes upon my inward eye
Some perfect organisation could be construed.
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
Maybe it’s hidden in the nearby hills.

A company where you are not sent an email
Just three metres away, from one’s assistant
Where office politics are seen to fail,
And communication is accurate and consistent.
Where company strategy is not left to chance
But is clear, logical and known in advance.

A company that values all its staff
Where it is pleasing to come to work
Where toil is hard but you can have a laugh
A customer focus, from MD to clerk.
I gaze and gazed but with little thought
Such a dream could come to ought.

A crazy dream and yet bright It shines
A hope that somewhere this organisation exists,
After all the dross perhaps it could be mine
A man can dream, hope persists
Progression not on time served but on my skill
My career aspirations I finally fulfil.


My 30 day plan is over - that's it folks, move along please.

No comments: