Monday 12 March 2007

"Waiting for Jobo" S Beckett (possibly)

There is a parallel universe. I know this to be true and it involves recruitment consultants.

They call you up and say "Would you be interested in, for example, 6 months consultancy work in San Francisco and name your price, the client I have is gagging for you".
Naturally you say "I'll be on the next aircraft and here's my first invoice".
They reply "Get back to you quickly, go and buy some sun tan cream".

And then silence. Absolute total silence.

This has happened to me in the last 10 days. I had a call a week ago. Same scenario as above. "Got a client in urgent need of some consultancy in a country a long way away, would you be available in April and a what price?"
"Yes" I reply "and I'm cheap".
Following day - "They like your CV we'll be back". And that was the last I heard
Now I've been around the block and I know about these sort of things and how it actually works but what's wrong with a quick email to say sorry but it's all off? 2 minutes work and you've acted like a professional.
Same with a potential job. "Yes they've got your CV and it all looks very positive, call you on Monday (last week)".
Hey, still here.

Consultants work in a different universe to a unique set of time frames measured in eons and not hours and days.

Hallo, anyone there?

Hallo? Anyone

Hallo?

No comments: