Sunday 4 March 2007

Here we go again

Here we go again. New owners of the company, it's almost Spring time so therefore it must be redundancy time.
This is the fourth time for me. The first time I was in my mid 30's. The second time my early 40s, the third time my mid 40s and now I'm in my 50's. Each time so far I've fought my way back but this time every one I speak to says (with inward suck of breath) "this will be tough". Might be but then I do like a challenge. Whether I will feel this way if I'm out of work for 8 months...well we'll see.
Right now I'm in the "consultative stage" which is a corporate way of saying you are in the ante room for redundancy. Yep, technically I still have my job but in a week I would not lay money (as I'll need all I've got) that I'll be offered a different job. After three times you get a feel for it. I believe I have many skills. However being skillful at losing my job is one I rather would not have developed

No comments: